Sökning: "carbohydrate conformations"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 9 avhandlingar innehållade orden carbohydrate conformations.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Institutionen för organisk kemi
Sammanfattning : In this thesis a computational complement to experimental observables will be presented. Computational tools such as molecular dynamics and quantum chemical tools will be used to aid in the interpretation of experimentally (NMR) obtained structural data. LÄS MER
2. The sweet side of molecular structure : NMR spectroscopic studies of glycans and their interactions with proteinsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Organic Chemistry, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, within the topic of bioorganic chemistry, the molecular structure of carbohydrates has been studied. Carbohydrates, or glycans, are ubiquitous biomolecules exhibiting a wide range of biological roles. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Organic Chemistry, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The fact that a growing number of pathogens develop resistance against traditional treatment is a growing medical problem. Infections, which until now have been harmless, might turn into life threatening diseases. These problems have led to an intensified search for alternative treatments. Analogs of cell surface glycoconjugates are an alternative. LÄS MER
4. Assembling and Unraveling Carbohydrates Structures Conformational analysis of synthesized branched oligosaccharidesDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Organic Chemistry, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Advances in the elaboration of vaccines and enzyme inhibitors rely on acquiring more knowledge about protein-carbohydrate binding events. Furthermore, the relationships between biological function and the three-dimensional properties of large glycans can be studied by focusing on the structural components they contained, namely, by scaling down the system under analysis. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Organic Chemistry, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The main focus of this thesis is on the ring conformations of carbohydrate molecules; how the conformational equilibria and the rates of the associated interconversions are affected by the molecular constitution and their surroundings.The conformational equilibria of a group of amine linked pseudodisaccharides, designed as potential glycosidase inhibitors, comprising α-D-altrosides are described in Chapter 3. LÄS MER