Sökning: "bronchoalveolar lavage"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 90 avhandlingar innehållade orden bronchoalveolar lavage.
1. Galectin binding proteins in serum and bronchoalveolar lavage -in healthy and pathological conditionsDetta är en avhandling från Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Galectins are carbohydrate binding proteins, implicated in conditions of both inflammation and cancer. Connections between chronic inflammation and cancer are proposed by the increased remodelling and proliferation that occurs, leading to enhanced survival and proliferation of malignant cells. LÄS MER
2. The Bronchoalveolar Lavage Proteome- Phenotypic associations to smoking and divergence towards development of COPDDetta är en avhandling från IPC, AstraZeneca, Lund, Sweden
Sammanfattning : Proteomic analysis of bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid from smokers at risk of developing chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and never smokers is described. COPD is currently the world's fourth leading cause of death and its prevalence is increasing. LÄS MER
3. Airway inflammation in "healthy" smokers. Relation to lung function and high resolution CT findingsDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg
Sammanfattning : The aim of the present study was to characterize the inflammatory pattern in "healthy"smokers and relate it to lung function, high resolution computed tomography (HRCT) findings and respiratory symptoms in order to identify smokers at risk to develop COPD. Subjects were recruited from a population study "Men born 1933 in Göteborg". LÄS MER
4. Infectious and bleeding complications in patients with hematological malignancies Studies on diagnosis and preventionDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis is to improve knowledge about the prevention of infectious and bleeding complications in patients with hematological malignancies, primarily in those with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and myelodysplatic syndrome (MDS).Hypogammaglobulinemia, impaired production of immunoglobulins (Ig), is an established risk factor for infection, but the impact of IgG pure subclass deficiency (IgG subclass deficiency with adequate production of IgG, IgA, and IgM) has been debated. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : Puumala hantavirus (PUUV) causes hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome in Europe. After inhalation of virus shed by bank voles, the virus systemically targets the vascular endothelium leading to vascular dysfunction and leakage. LÄS MER