Sökning: "bone quality"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 161 avhandlingar innehållade orden bone quality.
1. Osteocytes as indicators of bone quality - multiscale structure-composition characterisation of the bone-implant interface
Sammanfattning : By virtue of certain design features, bone anchored metal implants can be made to elicit a strong initial osteogenic response, i.e., the amount of bone formed. LÄS MER
2. The Anabolic - Anti-catabolic Paradigm of Augmenting Skeletal Regeneration: A Bone Quality Perspective
Sammanfattning : Successful fracture repair is a complex series of coordinated processes leading to regeneration of new bone to bridge the fracture site, remodelling of the newly formed bone and restoration of skeletal function. Disruption of these processes occurs in approximately 10% of all fractures and leads to delayed or failed healing requiring surgical interventions, increased complication rates, prolonged rehabilitation and high morbidity. LÄS MER
3. Bone quality evaluations during implant placement
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
4. On bone quality and implant stability measurements
Sammanfattning : In conjuction with placement of oral implants, the jaw bone quality assessment is mainly based on quantitative radiographic measures and the subjective opinion of the performing surgeon. While the primary implant stability is discussed in terms of the pre-set motor torque and the subjective hand-felt perception during final tightening of implants, the secondary stability is defined as the absence of implant mobility. LÄS MER
5. Altered body composition in adults with complex congenital heart disease
Sammanfattning : Introduction: Thanks to achievements in paediatric heart surgery and medicine, the population of adults with surgically repaired or palliated congenital heart defects is growing. Many of these adults have reduced exercise capacity, weaker muscular strength and shorter height, all of which suggest an altered body composition. LÄS MER