Sökning: "blue and green water"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 12 avhandlingar innehållade orden blue and green water.
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Water constraints for humans and nature are gaining more and more public attention as a critical environmental dilemma that needs to be addressed. When aquifers and rivers are running dry, the debate refers to an ongoing “world water crisis”. LÄS MER
2. Blue-green stormwater systems for citywide flood mitigation : Monitoring, conceptualization, modeling, and evaluationDetta är en avhandling från Water and Environmental Engineering Department of Chemical Engineering
Sammanfattning : Considering the growth in urbanization, leading to an increase in impervious surfaces, and the changing climate, enhancing the intensity and frequency of rainfall events, existing urban drainage networks—separate or combined sewer systems—are presumed to face substantially elevated hydraulic loads, causing pluvial floods in urban areas. There are several ways to address these challenges. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Faculty of Engineering (LTH), Lund University
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates urban, pluvial flooding and if blue-green infrastructure, for handling of stormwater in urban green spaces, can be used as a strategy for resilient flood risk management. Spatial analyses of flood claims from insurance companies and the water utility company of Malmö are used to better understand the mechanisms and characteristics of pluvial flooding and how blue-green infrastructure impacts flood risk. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Gothenburg : Chalmers tekniska högskola
Sammanfattning : The increased recognition that roads may impair the aquatic environment and ecosystems has led to a shift from conventional drainage systems toward blue-green solutions such as stormwater ponds. Research on blue-green stormwater solutions has until now mainly focused on water quantity and quality. LÄS MER
5. Large-Scale Land Acquisitions as a Driver of Socio-Environmental Change : From the Pixel to the GlobeDetta är en avhandling från Lund University, Faculty of Science, Department of Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science
Sammanfattning : A major challenge of our time is to sustainably produce food and other goods for a growing global population, without putting additional pressures on land and water resources and local people’s quality of life. Large-scale agriculture has brought many benefits to humanity in terms of food production but has also caused multiple sustainability challenges, including land and water degradation, deforestation, and biodiversity loss in areas of production. LÄS MER