Sökning: "biologically active compounds"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 40 avhandlingar innehållade orden biologically active compounds.
- Detta är en avhandling från Biotechnology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The completion of sequencing of human and other mammalian genomes opens a new era for drug development. New approaches have been proposed for tackling diseases such as development of small molecule therapies based on understanding of human genome and proteome, new proteinous based therapies, where the therapeutic protein can inhibit or modify a certain metabolic pathway or DNA-based therapies delivering a gene into the cell (e. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Bioorganic Chemistry, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Natural products have been shown to be an important source of novel compounds for the development of new drugs and pesticides. However, many biologically active natural products contain reactive functionalities that make them toxic. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Organic Chemistry, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Natural products have traditionally played a major role in the drug discovery process. Besides constituting extremely popular drugs in the market, and an ever-increasing source of interesting and novel chemical structures, they have also aided the characterization of many a pharmacological target. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Chemistry, Lund University
Sammanfattning : In 2005 two research groups independently reported the isolation of a series of structurally intriguing C-19 terpenolides from the plants Thapsia transtagana and Thapsia garganica. The compounds were shown to be potent inhibitors of the sarco/endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPases. LÄS MER
5. Mass Spectrometry of Biologically Active Small Molecules Focusing on polyphenols, alkaloids and amino acidsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Analytic Chemistry, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The foci of this dissertation are on advanced liquid chromatography (LC) separation and mass spectrometry (MS) techniques for the analysis of small bioactive molecules. In addition to discussing general aspects of such techniques the results from analyses of polyphenols (PPs), alkaloids and amino acids published in five appended studies are presented and discussed. LÄS MER