Sökning: "bilingualism and writing"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 9 avhandlingar innehållade orden bilingualism and writing.
1. Ett möte mellan två skrivkulturer : Några högstadieungdomars syn på och bruk av skrift vid skol- respektive privatskrivande
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to shed light on and describe a number of secondary school students’ writing practices and their attitudes towards these practices.The material used in the study comes from a secondary school in a suburb of Stockholm where most of the students are bilingual. LÄS MER
2. Languages and Linguistic Exchanges in Swedish Academia : Practices, Processes, and Globalizing Markets
Sammanfattning : Based on four separate studies, this thesis deals with Swedish academia and its dwellers, with an eye toward accounting for matters of languages and linguistic exchanges. The perspectives and thinking-tools of Pierre Bourdieu form the basis of the main leitmotif, albeit extended with insights from linguistic anthropology and sociolinguistics. LÄS MER
3. Multilingual literacy among young learners of North Sámi : contexts, complexity and writing in Sápmi
Sammanfattning : This thesis presents an investigation of the complexities of the immediate, ideological, educational, and societal contexts for literacy development among North Sámi learners between the ages of 9 and 15 who live in Northern Finland, Norway and Sweden in the central regions of Sápmi. Further, this thesis focuses on one area of literacy, namely writing. LÄS MER
4. Contrasting language-in-education policy intentions, perceptions and practice : the use of English and Kreol Seselwa in the Seychelles
Sammanfattning : Many studies have shown that Second Language (L2) Medium of Instruction (MoI) policies in Africa are linked to educational inequity, substandard teaching practice, low literacy skills and poor overall academic performance. In the light of this background, this thesis aims to make a more thorough inquiry into questions related to language-in-education policies, L2 as MoI, and academic success in the Seychelles, a small island nation in the Indian Ocean. LÄS MER
5. Dyslexi på två språk : En multipel fallstudie av spansk-svensktalande ungdomar med läs- och skrivsvårigheter
Sammanfattning : The complicated task of deciding whether reading and writing difficulties in a second language learner stem from dyslexia or from problems associated with second language learning serves as the primary theme of this study. The theoretical framwork of dyslexia-related issues is a phonological cause model (Ramus, 2004). LÄS MER