Sökning: "atherosclerotic morbidity"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 28 avhandlingar innehållade orden atherosclerotic morbidity.
1. Human body composition. Reference data and anthropometric equations. The metabolic syndrome and risk
Sammanfattning : The determination of body composition is a key to the understanding of the relation between obesity and disease. In order to evaluate body composition data, reference values are needed. Since methods with high validity and reproducibility are expensive and often time consuming, simpler techniques based on anthropometry are needed. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Molecular Medicine
Sammanfattning : Atherosclerosis has been categorized as an inflammatory disorder, with similar chronic inflammatory conditions found in rheumatoid arthritis. It entails an unregulated accumulation of lipids in the vessel wall, which leads to the development of cardiovascular diseases. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitet
Sammanfattning : Cardiovascular disease (CVD), currently the most common cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide, is caused mainly by atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis is a chronic multifocal, immunoinflammatory, fibroproliferative disease of medium and large arteries. LÄS MER
4. Cardiovascular risk factors in renal artery stenosis Effects of renal angioplasty and angiotensin II receptor antagonismDetta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitet
Sammanfattning : Renovascular hypertension (RVH) caused by atherosclerotic renal artery stenosis (ARAS) is one of the most common forms of secondary hypertension. The prognosis for patients with RVH is much worse compared to patients with primary hypertension, and caused by a high cardiovascular morbidity. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitetsbibliotek
Sammanfattning : Consequences of atherosclerosis may result in a number of diseases of the cardiovascular system that represent serious health problems and major causes of morbidity and mortality worldwide. Although it is initially considered as disease of fibro-lipid and thrombus deposition in the arterial wall, it also involves an ongoing inflammatory response. LÄS MER