Sökning: "asymmetric power"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 75 avhandlingar innehållade orden asymmetric power.
1. The Power of Symbolic Power : An Application of O'Neill's Game of Honour to Asymmetric Internal Conflict
Sammanfattning : Powerful states can lose wars to militarily weaker opponents. This can only be understood by moving away from an over-simplified traditional definition of power and by incorporating the symbolic dimensions of power. LÄS MER
2. Power Asymmetry Revisited : Reconciling EU Foreign Policy Goals and Enlargement Conditionality in the Western Balkans
Sammanfattning : The EU is assumed to have a strong top-down transformative power over the states applying for membership. This leverage is based on a power asymmetry where the applicant states want to join the EU more than the EU wants to enlarge, and that the applicant states gain more than the member states from the enlargement. LÄS MER
3. Modeling of Wind Turbines for Power System Studies
Sammanfattning : The power quality impact of wind turbines on the electric grid and the response of the wind turbines to faults in the electric grid are investigated in this thesis. A detailed model of a stall-regulated, fixed-speed wind turbine system capable of predicting the flicker impact on the connected grid is presented and compared with field measurements. LÄS MER
4. Exkludering av invandrare i stadspolitiken : makt och maktlöshet i Örebro 1980-2000
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to analyse power structures and processes of exclusion between Swedes and immigrants in Örebro. The study applies a monopolistic approach to show that Swedes exclude immigrants to maintain a dominant power position. Exclusion is understood as a process resulting from asymmetric power relations. LÄS MER
5. Impulse Radio UWB for the Internet-of-Things : A Study on UHF/UWB Hybrid Solution
Sammanfattning : This dissertation investigates Ultra-Wideband (UWB) techniques for the next generation Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) towards the Internet-of-Things (IoT). In particular, an ultra-high frequency (UHF) wireless-powered UWB radio (UHF/UWB hybrid) with asymmetric links is explored from system architecture to circuit implementation. LÄS MER