Sökning: "architecture analysis"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 584 avhandlingar innehållade orden architecture analysis.
1. Designing with Urban Sound : Exploring methods for qualitative sound analysis of the built environment
Sammanfattning : The licentiate thesis Designing with Urban Sound explores the constitution and qualitative characteristics of urban sonic space from a design-oriented and practice-based perspective. The act of lifting forth and illuminating the interaction between architecture, the creation of sound and a sonic experience aims to examine and develop useful tools and methods for the representation, communication and analysis of the exterior sonic environment in complex architectural spaces. LÄS MER
2. Arkitektur och motstånd : Om sökandet efter alternativ i svensk arkitektur 1970-1980
Sammanfattning : At the onset of the 1970s Swedish architecture showed noticeable signs of crisis, with failing confidence in architects and a general distrust in the future of architecture. Functionalism, the dominating architectural paradigm, was the root of the situation and the centre of contemporary debate. LÄS MER
3. Making architecture politically : from fresh conservatism to aestehtics as a form of politics
Sammanfattning : This research comes from a particular place, a rather unique moment in the history of the Netherlands when Dutch architecture started to be much applauded for its radical approach and innovative design when the typhoon of another modernization swept across the globe. Architects, municipalities, investors, developers, companies, institutions, politicians, inhabitants, educators, researchers, critics and alike, were all thrown into a kind of experimental condition, one being both pragmatic and geographical. LÄS MER
4. Crowdability of Urban Space. : Ordinary rhythms of clustering and declustering and their architectural prerequisites
Sammanfattning : In the wake of densification and urbanisation, crowding has become an increasingly important issue for social sustainability in cities. This also affects urban design and the ways public spaces stimulate different kinds of crowding and clustering. LÄS MER
5. Architecture's Red Tape : Government Building Construction in Sweden, 1963-1973. The example of the National Board of Public Building, KBS (Kungliga Byggnadsstyrelsen)
Sammanfattning : Architecture’s Red Tape is a critical study of the relation between public architecture and public administration in the 1960s and 1970s. The thesis focuses on the work of the Swedish National Board of Public Building, KBS, which was a government agency in charge of providing premises for the Swedish state at that time. LÄS MER