Sökning: "aortic occlusion balloon"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 avhandlingar innehållade orden aortic occlusion balloon.
1. Resuscitative endovascular balloon occlusion of the aorta : Physiology and clinical aspects of an emerging technique
Sammanfattning : Traumatic hemorrhagic shock is a major cause of death worldwide. Patients enter the fatal triad of hypothermia, acidosis and coagulopathy and die quickly due to cardiovascular collapse. Ideally, procedures should be performed at the injury scene to prevent this fatal event. LÄS MER
2. Early detection of major surgical postoperative complications evaluated by microdialysis
Sammanfattning : Major abdominal surgery may be followed by postoperative complications, especially in the elderly and patients with co morbidities as diabetes mellitus and obesity. Some of the most feared complications as anastomotic leakage, abdominal infections, abdominal compartment syndrome (ACS) and intestinal ischemia can lead to sepsis, systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS) and multiple organ dysfunction syndrome (MODS) with high morbidity and mortality. LÄS MER
3. Endovascular occlusion methods in non-traumatic cardiac arrest
Sammanfattning : Approximately 10% of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest patients survive to hospital discharge. An important factor for survival is perfusion to the coronary and cerebral circulations during cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). LÄS MER
4. Experimental cardiopulmonary cerebral resuscitation : A study of cerebral perfusion with special reference to the postresuscitation disturbances
Sammanfattning : Ischemic neuronal injury continues to be a major delimiting factor in achieving successful clinical outcomesafter resuscitation from cardiac arrest. In this thesis, a pig model of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) wasused to address the effects of different interventions on cerebral blood flow and oxygenation during CPR and theinitial postresuscitation period. LÄS MER
5. Augmentation of vital organ blood flow during experimental cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Sammanfattning : Clinical outcome from cardiac arrest remains poor. If the time from arrest to restoration of spontaneous circulation can be shortened and resuscitation techniques improved so that higher blood flow and oxygen delivery to vital organs is achieved, it is possible that the outcome from cardiac arrest could improve. LÄS MER