Sökning: "antimicrobial peptide"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 122 avhandlingar innehållade orden antimicrobial peptide.
1. Antimicrobial Peptide Interactions with Phospholipid Membranes : Effects of Peptide and Lipid Composition on Membrane Adsorption and Disruption
Sammanfattning : The interactions between antimicrobial peptides and phospholipid membranes were investigated, in terms of lipid headgroup variations and the role of cholesterol, as well as peptide composition and structure. Also strategies for increasing proteolytic stability were evaluated. LÄS MER
2. Amphiphilic Peptide Interactions with Complex Biological Membranes : Effect of peptide properties on antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effects
Sammanfattning : With increasing problem of resistance development in bacteria against conventional antibiotics, as well as problems associated with diseases either triggered or enhanced by infection, there is an urgent need to identify new types of effective therapeutics for the treatment of infectious diseases and its consequences. Antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory peptides have attracted considerable interest as potential new antibiotics in this context. LÄS MER
3. LL-37-derived cyclic antimicrobial drug leads : Design, synthesis, activity and different ways of creating them
Sammanfattning : In an era where last-line antibiotics are failing, one of the powerful approaches to develop novel therapeutic agents is to turn back to nature in order to identify possible drug candidates. Among the potential candidates, antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) have garnered much attention as an antimicrobial. LÄS MER
4. Interaction Between Antimicrobial Peptides and Phospholipid Membranes : Effects of Peptide Length and Composition
Sammanfattning : Due to increasing problems with bacterial resistance development, there is a growing need for identifying new types of antibiotics. Antimicrobial peptides constitute an interesting group of substances for this purpose, since they are believed to act mainly by disrupting the bacterial membrane, which is a fast and non-specific mechanism. LÄS MER
5. Polymeric Nanoparticles as Carriers for Antimicrobial Peptides : Factors Affecting Peptide and Membrane Interactions
Sammanfattning : As resistance towards conventional antibiotics is becoming more pronounced, cationic antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) have received considerable attention as possible therapeutic alternatives. Thousands of potent AMPs occur in humans, animals, plants and fungi as a natural part of the immune system. LÄS MER