Sökning: "animal husbandry"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 22 avhandlingar innehållade orden animal husbandry.
1. Animal husbandry in the Viking Age town of Birka and its hinterland : excavations in the black earth 1990-95Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Birka Project, Riksantikvarieämbetet
Sammanfattning : The Birka Excavations 1990-95 provided a unique opportunity to excavate a Swedish Viking Age town stratigraphically, allowing the finds - including extensive and well-preserved faunal remains - to be dated accurately. This in turn has given the opportunity to study the nature and development of Viking Age animal husbandry in a new, closer perspective. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala, Sweden : Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Sammanfattning : In extensive grazing systems where several owners’ flocks are allowed to mix, selection strategies will also interact, due to gene flow between flocks. The aim of the thesis was to analyse breeding schemes in terms of genetic gain and rate of inbreeding (?F), given the complexity of ownership and interaction of selection strategies within a mixing reindeer population. LÄS MER
3. Djurhållning och betesdrift : Djur, människor och landskap i västra Östergötland under yngre bronsålder och äldre järnålderDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Arkeologi
Sammanfattning : This thesis focuses on animal husbandry and organised grazing in western Östergötland during the Late Bronze Age and Early Iron Age. The primary aim is to investigate how animal husbandry was organised from a practical perspective. LÄS MER
4. Studies on stress in African green monkeys (Cercopithecus aethiops) : Stress associated cortisol and prolactin levels, lymphocyte modulation and pathological changes in adrenal cortex, stomach and hippocampus in the African green monkey (C. aethiops)Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : African green monkeys (AGMs) are highly susceptible to captivity-induced stress. An investigation of spontaneous deaths of laboratory confined AGMs at the Institute of Primate Research, Nairobi, Kenya over a period of 7.5 years documented mild to severe gastric mucosal erosions and ulcers in 83 of 260 (32%) necropsies. LÄS MER
5. Berbati between Argos and Corinth : the excavations at Pyrgouthi in 1995 and 1997 : from the early Iron Age to the early Roman periodDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This dissertation is based on the finds from the archaeological excavations at Pyrgouthi, Berbati, in the Argolid, Greece, in 1995 and 1997. The excavations focused on a rectangular tower built of heavy polygonal blocks, which was identified as belonging to a farmstead site during an earlier surface survey in the area. LÄS MER