Sökning: "angiotensin-converting enzyme"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 50 avhandlingar innehållade orden angiotensin-converting enzyme.
1. Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme : Effects of Smoking and Other Risk Factors for Cardiovascular Diseases
Sammanfattning : Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are the most common cause of death in Western countries. Smoking, hypertension, diabetes mellitus and hypercholesterolemia are considered as major risk factors. However, the underlying mechanisms by which these factors cause CVDs are not entirely clear. LÄS MER
2. Pharmacological interactions between angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, bradykinin and nitric oxide
Sammanfattning : Cardiovascular diseases are a major cause of death in Western countries. Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) is as a key enzyme in the renin-angiotensin system involved in the regulation of blood pressure, and water and electrolyte balance in the body. LÄS MER
3. Angiotensin-converting enzyme in cardiovascular function and dysfunction
Sammanfattning : Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) is a key enzyme in the renin-angiotensin system, converting angiotensin I to the vasoactive peptide angiotensin II, and degrading bradykinin. Angiotensin II is a multifunctional peptide, acting on a number of different tissues. LÄS MER
4. Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibition and aspirin in congestive heart failure
Sammanfattning : Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors act by decreasing production of angiotensin II and by potentiating the effects of bradykinin by inhibition of its breakdown. Bradykinin exerts part of its effects via vasodilating prostaglandins. Since the cyclooxygenase (COX)-inhibitors, e.g. LÄS MER
5. Angiotensin-converting enzyme and its interaction with various tachykinins and opioid peptides
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER