Sökning: "angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 19 avhandlingar innehållade orden angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors.
1. Pharmacological interactions between angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, bradykinin and nitric oxideDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköpings universitet
Sammanfattning : Cardiovascular diseases are a major cause of death in Western countries. Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) is as a key enzyme in the renin-angiotensin system involved in the regulation of blood pressure, and water and electrolyte balance in the body. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Tord Juhlin, Department of Cardiology, Malmö University Hospital, 205 02 MALMÖ, SWEDEN
Sammanfattning : Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors act by decreasing production of angiotensin II and by potentiating the effects of bradykinin by inhibition of its breakdown. Bradykinin exerts part of its effects via vasodilating prostaglandins. Since the cyclooxygenase (COX)-inhibitors, e.g. LÄS MER
3. Plant-Derived Substances and Cardiovascular Diseases Effects of Flavonoids, Terpenes and Sterols on Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme and Nitric OxideDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Diet has for many years been known to play a key role in the development of chronic diseases. There are clear associations between consumption of vegetables, fruits and berries, and risk of cardiovascular diseases, the number one cause of death in the world. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköpings universitet
Sammanfattning : Fibrin accumulation is a common fmding in many pathological conditions, such as in inflammatory processes, e.g. in the lungs in pneumonia or pulmonary insufficiency after sepsis. During lysis of the fibrin by plasmin or leukocyte elastase, peptides are released that may contribute to the pathophysiological changes. LÄS MER
5. Atrial Fibrillation in the setting of Coronary Artery Disease Risks and outcomes with different treatment optionsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Coronary artery disease (CAD) is the leading cause of mortality worldwide and atrial fibrillation (AF) is a prevalent arrhythmia associated with increased risk of mortality and morbidity. Despite improved outcome in both diseases, there is a need to further describe the prevalence, outcome and management of CAD in patients with concomitant AF. LÄS MER