Sökning: "anders eklund"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 36 avhandlingar innehållade orden anders eklund.
1. Measurements in Idiopathic Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus : Computerized neuropsychological test battery and intracranial pulse waves
Sammanfattning : Idiopathic Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus (INPH) is a condition affecting gait, cognition and continence. Radiological examination reveals enlarged ventricles of the brain. A shunt that drains CSF from the ventricles to the abdomen often improves the symptoms. LÄS MER
2. Cerebral blood flow and intracranial pulsatility studied with MRI : measurement, physiological and pathophysiological aspects
Sammanfattning : During each cardiac cycle pulsatile arterial blood inflates the vascular bed of the brain, forcing cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) and venous blood out of the cranium. Excessive arterial pulsatility may be part of a harmful mechanism causing cognitive decline among elderly. LÄS MER
3. Blood flow assessment in cerebral arteries with 4D flow magnetic resonance imaging : an automatic atlas-based approach
Sammanfattning : Background: Disturbed blood flow to the brain has been associated with several neurological diseases, from stroke and vascular diseases to Alzheimer’s and cognitive decline. To determine the cerebral arterial blood flow distribution, measurements are needed in both distal and proximal arteries. LÄS MER
4. 4D flow MRI and modelling to assess cerebral arterial hemodynamics : method development and evaluation, with implementation in patients with symptomatic carotid stenosis
Sammanfattning : Blood flow measurements are important for understanding the development of cerebrovascular diseases. With 4D flow magnetic resonance imaging (4D flow MRI), simultaneous velocity measurements are obtained in all cerebral arteries in a scan of about ten minutes. However, 4D flow MRI is a relatively new technique. LÄS MER
5. Biomechanics of the Human Eye and Intraocular Pressure Measurements
Sammanfattning : This thesis addresses the reliability of Goldmann-type applanation tonometers (GAT). It deals with the investigation of the relation between predicted intraocular pressure, IOPG and true pressure, IOPT. LÄS MER