Sökning: "agricultural biotechnology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 180 avhandlingar innehållade orden agricultural biotechnology.
1. Discovery and investigation of glycoside hydrolase family 5 enzymes with potential use in biomass conversion
Sammanfattning : Glycoside hydrolases (GHs) cleave glycosidic bonds in glycoconjugates, oligosaccharides and polysaccharides such as cellulose and various hemicelluloses. Mannan is a major group of hemicelluloses. LÄS MER
2. Production and engineering of a xyloglucan endo-transglycosylase from Populus tremula x tremuloides
Sammanfattning : The aim of this work was to develop a production process for the enzyme xyloglucan endo-transglycosylase from Populus tremula x tremuloides (PttXET16-34). The natural transglycosylating activity of this enzyme has previously been employed in a XET-Technology. LÄS MER
3. The circadian clock in annuals and perennials : coordination of Growth with Environmental Rhythms
Sammanfattning : Since the first signs of life on planet earth, organisms have had to adapt to the daily changes between light and dark, and high and low temperatures. This has led to the evolution of an endogenous time keeper, known as the circadian clock. LÄS MER
4. Production and characterization of intraspecific somatic hybrids of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.)
Sammanfattning : A culture protocol has been developed for mesophyll protoplasts isolated from various d¡haploid clones of potato. A large number of call¡ was obtained after serial dilution of the cultures w¡th a suitable amount and type of medium at different stages of cell colony development. LÄS MER
5. Anaerobic digestion in the kraft pulp and paper industry : Challenges and possibilities for implementation
Sammanfattning : The pulp and paper industry is a large producer of wastewater and sludge, putting high pressure on waste treatment. In addition, more rigorous environmental legislation for pollution control and demands to increase the use of renewable energy have put further pressure on the pulp and paper industry’s waste treatment, where anaerobic digestion (AD) and the production of methane could pose a solution. LÄS MER