Sökning: "age-related cognitive change"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 14 avhandlingar innehållade orden age-related cognitive change.
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Longitudinal studies of cognition are preferred to cross-sectional stud- ies, since they offer a direct assessment of age-related cognitive change (within-person change). Statistical methods for analyzing age-related change are widely available. LÄS MER
2. The aging brain and changes in cognitive performance Findings from morphometry and quantitative susceptibility mapping of ironDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Psychology, Stokholm University
Sammanfattning : Brain aging is a heterogeneous phenomenon, and this thesis illustrates how the course of aging can vary within individuals over time and between individuals as a function of age, sex, and genetic variability. We used two contrasts from magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), namely spin-lattice T1-weighted imaging, and quantitative susceptibility mapping (QSM) from gradient-echo images, to picture the aging brain, by means of morphometric measures and brain-iron concentrations. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Occupational Therapy and Elderly Care Research (NEUROTEC)
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this doctoral thesis was to investigate potential age-related differences between groups of healthy very old adults from 75 to 96 years of age in various cognitive functions. An additional objective was to examine the influence of individual-difference variables within demographic (e.g., education, gender), psychometric (e. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Psychology, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Olfactory function is affected by demographic, cognitive, and genetic factors. In the present thesis, three empirical studies investigated individual differences in olfactory ability. Study I explored demographic and cognitive correlates in common olfactory tasks; odor detection, odor discrimination, and odor identification. LÄS MER
5. Change and variability in cognitive performance in old age. Effects of retest, terminal decline, and pre-clinical dementiaDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : The focus of the presented studies was to provide population estimates of change and variability in cognitive performance in old age. Data was drawn from the Gerontological and Geriatric Population Studies in Gothenburg, Sweden (H70). In study I retest effects were evaluated on level of performance in five cognitive abilities. LÄS MER