Sökning: "acute phase proteins"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 70 avhandlingar innehållade orden acute phase proteins.
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Nephrology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Plasma and urine concentrations of endogenous proteins are frequently used in the diagnosis of kidney diseases and in studies of glomerular filter function. The main issues addressed in these studies were: storage of urine samples for subsequent protein analysis, use of protein concentrations in urine and in plasma in health and as markers of glomerular diseases, and the application of renal plasma-to-urine clearance of endogenous proteins in estimating the size-selectivity properties of the glomerular capillary wall. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Serum amyloid A protein (SAA) is an acute phase protein that has recently gained increasing interest as a potential marker for disease and treatment monitoring. We investigated SAA and CRP levels in (a) patients with various common infectious diseases (n=98), (b) patients with pyelonephritis (n=37) versus patients with cystitis (n=32), (c) healthy individuals of varying ages (n=231), (d) very immature newborn infants with or without nosocomial infections (NIs) (n=72) and (e) patients with bacterial infections treated with cefuroxime (n=81). LÄS MER
3. Bovine acute phase proteins in milk : haptoglobin and serum amyloid A as potential biomarkers for milk qualityDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
4. Complement aberrations and autoantibodies to complement proteins in relation to disease mechanismsDetta är en avhandling från Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The complement system, a part of the innate immune system with several links to the adaptive immune system, plays an important role in the pathogenesis of many diseases. The purpose of this thesis was to document and clarify some of these mechanisms. The thesis is based on four papers (I-IV). LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The aim of the research presented in this thesis was to provide extended background knowledge concerning several biochemical markers, used for the medical evaluation of pregnant women with suspected or confirmed preeclampsia, in order to improve the reliability of monitoring. Plasma levels of beta-2 microglobulin, cystatin C and beta trace protein are known to reflect renal filtration in non-pregnant settings, and the plasma proteins, C-reactive protein and serum amyloid A protein, are known to be sensitive markers of inflammation. LÄS MER