Sökning: "active transport"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 400 avhandlingar innehållade orden active transport.
1. Mechanisms of transendothelial and tissue transport in the peritoneum. Experimental studies on rat
Sammanfattning : In the present thesis, the quantitative role of active transport (transcytosis) in bulk transvascular protein movement in vivo was evaluated. Using chemical transcytosis inhibition (N-ethylmaleimide (NEM) and filipin), we were able to show that NEM actually increases endothelial permeability to macromolecules, probably as a result of unspecific toxic action on endothelial cells. LÄS MER
2. New Approaches to Studies of Paracellular Drug Transport in Intestinal Epithelial Cell Monolayers
Sammanfattning : Studies of intestinal drug permeability have traditionally been performed in the colon-derived Caco-2 cell model. However, the permeability of these cell monolayers resembles that of the colon rather than that of the small intestine, which is the major site of drug absorption following oral administration. LÄS MER
3. Blood-Brain Barrier Transport : Investigation of Active Efflux using Positron Emission Tomography and Modelling Studies
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines the transport of exogenous molecules across the blood-brain barrier (BBB), focusing on active efflux, using positron emission tomography (PET), computer simulation and modelling. P-glycoprotein (P-gp) inhibition was studied using [11C]verapamil and [11C]hydroxyurea was investigated as a new marker for active efflux transport. LÄS MER
4. Impacts of Active Transport on Health : with a focus on physical activity, air pollution, and cardiovascular disease
Sammanfattning : Background: There are increasing number of health impact assessment studies investigating the health effects by transferring trips made by motorised transport to active commuting; however, air pollution exposure during active commuting and its impact on health has been less thoroughly assessed. It is furthermore uncertain whether there is any interaction effect between air pollution and physical activity for the risk of cardiovascular diseases. LÄS MER
5. In Vivo Active Drug Uptake and Efflux at the Blood-Brain Barrier : With Focus on Drug Transport Interactions
Sammanfattning : The blood-brain barrier (BBB) controls the movement of substances into and out of the brain. The tight junctions between endothelial cells and energy dependent transporters in the BBB influence rate and extent of drug distribution to the brain. LÄS MER