Sökning: "acid stress"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 243 avhandlingar innehållade orden acid stress.
1. The Stress Hypothesis Implications for the induction of diabetes-related autoimmunity in children?Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Background: Second to Finland, Sweden has the world’s highest incidence of type 1 diabetes. Experiences of serious life events have retrospectively been shown to constitute a risk factor for the development of this disease, probably via the biological stress response. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Malmö University
Sammanfattning : In nature, bacteria are organized in surface-associated biofilm communities. Dental plaque is one of the most studied biofilms and harbours many different species including the star of this thesis Streptococcus mutans. S. LÄS MER
3. Biotic and abiotic stress in microorganisms and plants: Some Mechanisms of Stress and Programmed Cell Death. Genetic Engineering Approaches Towards Improved Stress ToleranceDetta är en avhandling från Pure and Applied Biochemistry, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Various forms of stress, such as biotic and abiotic stress, were studied in microorganisms and plants to learn more about the underlying mechanisms of such stress and potential genetic engineering strategies towards stress tolerance. An antifreeze protein from winter flounder, expressed in E. LÄS MER
4. Conjugated linoleic acid and the metabolic syndrome : Clinical and metabolic studies with special reference to insulin resistance, oxidative stress and inflammationDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Tryck & Medier
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to investigate the metabolic effects of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) in middle-aged men with the metabolic syndrome, a high-risk group for type 2 diabetes. CLA is a group of fatty acid isomers with antiobesity and antidiabetogenic effects in animals, and CLA is therefore used as a supplement in humans. LÄS MER
5. The γ-aminobutyric acid and proton signaling systems in the zebrafish brain Characterization and effect of stressDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The central nervous system of vertebrates is continuously processing sensory information relayed from the periphery, integrating it and producing outputs transmitted to efferents. In the brain, neurons employ an array of messenger molecules to filter afferent information and finely regulate synaptic transmission. LÄS MER