Sökning: "acid mine drainage"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 35 avhandlingar innehållade orden acid mine drainage.
1. Phase transformation and surface chemistry of secondary iron minerals formed from acid mine drainage
Sammanfattning : The mining of sulphidic ore to extract metals such as zinc and copper produces huge quantities of waste material. The weathering and oxidation of the waste produces what is commonly known as Acid Mine Drainage (AMD), a dilute sulphuric acid rich in Fe(II) and heavy metals. LÄS MER
2. Geochemical Landscape Analysis for the Risk Assessment of Acid Mine Drainage in a Wetland EnvironmentDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Attenuation of acid mine drainage (AMD) metals originating from abandoned mines and waste rock dumps is investigated in this thesis at Slättberg in central Sweden, where acid mine leachate has been discharging for over 70 years into the receiving wetland stream and mire. Risk assessment of AMD and related polluted lands requires a holistic approach that is able to study the complexity of pollution emissions and impacted landscapes. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Mozambique is one of the largest coal producers in Africa. Extraction of the coal is carried out in the Moatize district of the Tete province in the center of the country. A surface mining technique is used to extract the coal below ground level. LÄS MER
4. Geochemical modelling of acid mine drainage in mill tailings Quantification of kinetic processes from laboratory to field scaleDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Byggvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Assessment of the potentially acidic, heavy metal-ladenleachates that leave deposits of sulfide ore mill tailings andevaluation of various possible options for mill tailingremediation are scientific problems of increasing practicalimportance. High costs may be associated with the mill tailingremediation, not least after recent changes in Swedish andEuropean environmental legislation. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Luleå : Luleå tekniska universitet
Sammanfattning : The Aitik mine, near Gällivare in Sweden, is the largest copper mine in Europe with an annual production exceeding 18 Mt of ore. After processing of the ore the residual waste material, so called tailings, are deposited in a tailings pond. In addition, 15 - 25 Mt of barren waste rock is mined annually in order to provide access to the ore. LÄS MER