Sökning: "Youth culture"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 106 avhandlingar innehållade orden Youth culture.
1. Play, Culture and Learning : Studies of Second-Language and Conceptual Development in Swedish Preschools
Sammanfattning : This dissertation studies how second-language and conceptual development emerge through interactions in Swedish preschool environments. It studies how types of interaction, such as play, can scaffold children toward such developments. LÄS MER
2. Högt och lågt : Smak och stil i ungdomskulturen
Sammanfattning : The thesis contributes to the understanding of modern youth cultures. The study consists of three parts. The first part explores the development of youth culture research. In the second part a theoretical perspective is developed on taste and style that can be applied to contemporary youth cultures. LÄS MER
3. Making music work : Culturing youth in an institutional setting
Sammanfattning : This thesis is based on two years of participant observation in a municipal youth club in a Swedish city suburb. In focus is a group of 14-19 year old boys and their relations to peers and to the staff of the club. LÄS MER
4. Voicing the Slum : Youth, Community Media and Social Change in Nairobi
Sammanfattning : Since late 2006, several small media projects have emerged in the slums of Nairobi with the aim to counterbalance the ignorance from mainstream media, provide the slums residents with news, information and an opportunity to voice their needs and discuss relevant issues. These media are best labelled community media, since their main concern is to serve the interests of the community, in this context the slums. LÄS MER
5. Ruptured narratives : An analysis of the contradictions within young people's responses to issues of personal responsibility and social violence within an educational context
Sammanfattning : This thesis addresses the problems of social violence which are based on stereotyped prejudices, and directed towards people who differ from the norm, and asks how education aiming at counteracting social violence can be understood. Within education, the aspiration to contest social violence is generally motivated by a democratic framework stressing distributive justice and everyone’s equal value. LÄS MER