Sökning: "Will Graham"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 avhandlingar innehållade orden Will Graham.
1. Vibrations induced by surface roughness in nonlinear rolling contacts
Sammanfattning : For efficient transportation in either trains, busses or passenger cars, rolling elements such as wheels, tyres, bearings and transmission elements are fundamental. The energy efficiency and the generation of noise and vibrations in rolling contacts depend on the surface roughness of contacting bodies. LÄS MER
2. Operationalizing Industrial Ecology in the Waste Sector : Roles and tactics for circular value innovation
Sammanfattning : The take-make-waste approach to resource management in human production and consumption systems is contributing to a variety of environmental and social problems worldwide. Additionally, as the world’s population and affluence increase, so do the negative impacts of poor resource management. LÄS MER
3. Cellular and Viral Factors that Control Human Papillomavirus Type 16 Late Gene Expression
Sammanfattning : Human papillomavirus type 16 (HPV-16) is the major cause of cervical cancer. We speculate that inhibition of HPV-16 late gene expression is a prerequisite for establishment of persistence and progression to cervical cancer. LÄS MER
4. Methodological Studies on Models and Methods for Mixed-Effects Categorical Data Analysis
Sammanfattning : Effects of drugs are in clinical trials often measured on categorical scales. These measurements are increasingly being analyzed using mixed-effects logistic regression. However, the experience with such analyzes is limited and only a few models are used. LÄS MER
5. NMR studies of metabolites and xenobiotics : From time-points to long-term metabolic regulation
Sammanfattning : Chemical species carry information in two dimensions, in their concentrations and their isotopic signatures. The concentrations of metabolites or synthetic compounds describe the composition of a chemical or biological system, while isotopic signatures describe processes in the system by their reaction pathways, regulation, and responses to external stimuli. LÄS MER