Sökning: "West Bengal"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 avhandlingar innehållade orden West Bengal.
1. Arsenic Geochemistry in the Alluvial Aquifers of West Bengal, India Implications for targeting safe aquifers for sustainable drinking water supplyDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : The natural occurrences of high (>10 μg/L) dissolved arsenic (As) in groundwater of Bengal Basin has put millions of people under the threat of chronic As exposure through drinking water. Present study has examined the processes that regulate As mobilization and its distribution in shallow aquifers and the potentiality of finding safe aquifers within shallow depth (<50 m) for drinking water supply. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : The aim with this thesis is to explore and enhance the understanding of methodological questions in anthropological analysis. I focus my main argument on topics taken up in antiorientalist and postcolonial approaches. Analysis is closely related to political issues and an analysis include a critical reflection and deconstruction. LÄS MER
3. The Role of Adult Literacy in Transforming the Lives of Women in Rural India: Overcoming Gender Inequalities Comparative case studies in Bhilwara District Rajasthan & Howrah District West Bengal IndiaDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Education, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The Indian diaspora is woven around castes, languages, dialects, religions- a young nation boasting of an ancient civilization in which inequalities are deeply ingrained in its culture and traditions. Although vital government interventions have succeeded in increasing the literacy rate of women in both urban and rural areas general household characteristics such as income, caste, occupation and education attainments of parents still continue to determine access, attendance, completion and learning outcomes of girls and women from severely disadvantaged communities. LÄS MER
4. Distribution and Biogeochemical Cycling of Arsenic In Grey and Brown Sand Aquifers in the Bengal Delta Plains (India)Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : An elevated level of Arsenic (As) in aquifers from India and Bangladesh affecting the human health has been widely reported since the late 1980s. The thesis aim is to investigate the present status of As contamination and biogeochemical cycling with direct role of diverse indigenous bacterial communities in As cycling in the Bengal Delta Plain (BDP) aquifers in Nadia district, West Bengal (India). LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER