Sökning: "Waste Policy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 60 avhandlingar innehållade orden Waste Policy.
1. Choosing environmental policy instruments : Case studies of municipal waste policy in Sweden and EnglandDetta är en avhandling från London School of Economics
Sammanfattning : European governments have during the last couple of decades shown an interest in new types of environmental policy instruments (EPIs) such as environmental taxes, tradable permit schemes and voluntary approaches, as opposed to relying on traditional forms of regulation. The interest in so-called ‘new’ EPIs (NEPIs) has led many governments to commit both to a more diverse EPI mix and to a policy process characterised by procedural rationality, in terms of considering a wide range ofalternative instruments and assessing them in a systematic and transparent way. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Gothenburg : Chalmers tekniska högskola
Sammanfattning : This doctoral thesis has investigated what hinders material recirculation in society, to later suggest possible ways to support material recirculation in the future. Since material recirculation is proposed as a way to use waste materials for new production, it was deemed relevant to investigate two separate case studies that enabled recirculation from production systems and waste management. LÄS MER
3. Advancing the Frontier of Extended Producer Responsibility: The management of waste electrical and electronic equipment in non-OECD countriesDetta är en avhandling från International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) has become a salient issue in non-OECD countries. With a growing awareness about serious damages to the environment and human health from a lack of safe treatment and recycling of WEEE, there has been a search for policy responses in several of these countries. LÄS MER
4. Conditions and constraints for waste management : collection, characterisation and producer responsibility in SwedenDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Chalmers tekniska högskola
Sammanfattning : Waste management has changed from being mainly a question of transporting out of sight to being an issue entwined in all parts of society, from product planning to the private domestic sphere. This has imposed new conditions and constraints for waste management, the description of which is the objective of this thesis. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Chalmers tekniska högskola
Sammanfattning : Abstract Recent bans on landfilling of combustible and organic waste in Sweden have resulted in an increase in alternative waste treatment, especially waste incineration with energy recovery. This thesis elucidates how the current increase in Swedish waste incineration affects and is affected by the two systems to which it belongs: the waste management and the energy systems. LÄS MER