Sökning: "VETERINARY MEDICINE Medicine"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 97 avhandlingar innehållade orden VETERINARY MEDICINE Medicine.
- Detta är en avhandling från ; Department of Clinical Sciences, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Sammanfattning : Bovine respiratory syncytial virus (BRSV) is a major cause of respiratory disease in cattle worldwide. Improved BRSV vaccines are needed, with better efficacy and longer duration of protection, in particular when used in calves with specific maternally derived antibodies (MDA). LÄS MER
2. Cardiac disease in pregnancy and consequences for reproductive outcomes, comorbidity and survivalDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : BackgroundAdvances in medical treatment during the last 50 years have resulted in more individuals with congenital heart disease (CHD) and Marfan syndrome reaching childbearing age. The substantial physiological changes during pregnancy result in a high-risk situation, and pregnancy is a major concern in women with these conditions. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Institutionen för medicin och vård
Sammanfattning : The present study evaluated genetic and metabolic factors influencing the risk of acute cerebrovascular disease (CVD) and internal carotid artery stenosis (ICA stenosis) in a Swedish community. The threonine (T) containing protein of the FABP2 A54T gene polymorphism has a greater affinity for long chain fatty acids (FFAs) than the alanine (A) containing protein. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från ; Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Sammanfattning : Sepsis is a syndrome with high morbidity, mortality and astronomical health care costs and it is challenging to diagnose both in humans and animals due to the lack of suitable diagnostic biomarkers. Although several types of proteins have been suggested as diagnostic biomarkers of sepsis, none of them were shown to be reliable for routine use in the clinical practice. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umaå : Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Sammanfattning : Background Animal models can be used to mimic human conditions of psychopathology, and also as pre-clinical models to evaluate candidate drugs. With hormonal treatment it is possible to produce behavior in the rat which corresponds to the mental symptoms of pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS), and pre-menstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD). LÄS MER