Sökning: "Urban Development"
Visar resultat 6 - 10 av 515 avhandlingar innehållade orden Urban Development.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH
Sammanfattning : European cities are becoming increasingly multicultural and diverse in terms of lifestyles and socioeconomic conditions. However, in planning for sustainable urban development, implications of this increased diversity and possibly conflicting perspectives are seldom considered. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : An increasing demand for environmental, socio-cultural and political aspects has led to that moreintegrated methods of tourismplanning has evolved, which emphasize sustainability as a key fac-tor. However, it is argued that the term sustainability is used carelesslyand that the social aspectis often overlooked. LÄS MER
8. Managing Urban Disaster Risk: Analysis and Adaptation Frameworks for Integrated Settlement Development Programming for the Urban PoorDetta är en avhandling från Housing Development & Management (HDM), Lund University
Sammanfattning : The damage caused by the dramatic worldwide increase in ‘natural’ disasters is staggering, with the poor in developing countries being most at risk. Disasters make their already precarious living conditions worse, creating a vicious circle of poverty from which they find it hard to escape. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund : Arkiv förlag
Sammanfattning : The sociology of the city has two faces: one of threat and one of promises. Originally, the city was portrayed as a threat to social life and individual identity, while, in contrast, the neighbourhood was seen to include the promise of restoring basic social relations to the web of city life. LÄS MER
10. Microclimate and Thermal Comfort of Urban Spaces in Hot Dry Damascus- Influence of urban design and planning regulationsDetta är en avhandling från Lund : Arkiv förlag
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to develop better understanding of the relationship between microclimate and urban design in the hot dry city of Damascus. This is done by studying the impact of urban regulations on microclimate in different urban design patterns in modern Damascus. LÄS MER