Sökning: "Tufve Nyholm"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 avhandlingar innehållade orden Tufve Nyholm.
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Strålningsvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : External radiotherapy is a common treatment technique for cancer. It has been shown that radiation therapy is a both clinically and economically effective treatment for many types of cancer, even though the equipment is expensive. The technology is in constant evolution and more and more sophisticated and complex techniques are introduced. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Department of radiation sciences, Umeå university
Sammanfattning : Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) utilizes the magnetic properties of tissues to generate image-forming signals. MRI has exquisite soft-tissue contrast and since tumors are mainly soft-tissues, it offers improved delineation of the target volume and nearby organs at risk. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Magnetic resonance imaging, MRI, offers a vast range of imaging methods that can be employed in the characterization of tumors. MRI is generally used in a qualitative way, where radiologists interpret the images for e.g. diagnosis, follow ups, or assessment of treatment response. LÄS MER
4. Perfusion MRI of the brain after radiotherapy in patients with glioblastoma – potential and problemsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Uppsala universitet
Sammanfattning : Perfusion Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is a useful tool in diagnostic evaluation and treatment response assessment in patients with glioblastoma. The standard treatment regimen includes surgical resection, radiotherapy and adjuvant chemotherapy. However, prognosis is poor; relative 5-year survival is 3–5%. LÄS MER
5. Magnetic resonance imaging with ultrashort echo time as a substitute for X-ray computed tomographyDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Radiotherapy dose calculations have evolved from simple factor based methods performed with pen and paper, into computationally intensive simulations based on Monte Carlo theory and energy deposition kernel convolution.Similarly, in the field of positron emission tomography (PET), attenuation correction, which was originally omitted entirely, is now a crucial component of any PET reconstruction algorithm. LÄS MER