Sökning: "Transforming growth factor-b TGF-b"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 avhandlingar innehållade orden Transforming growth factor-b TGF-b.
1. Transforming Growth Factor-b, Regulatory functions on normal lymphocytes and tumor outgrowth Regulatory functions on normal lymphocytes and tumor outgrowthDetta är en avhandling från BMC Biomedical Centre, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-b) is a well-characterised growth regulatory factor, which acts on most cell types. This thesis has focused on the regulatory roles of TGF-b on normal lymphocytes. One interesting finding is that TGF-b acts both costimulatory and inhibitory on T-lymphocytes. LÄS MER
2. RUNX1/AML1 functions and mechanisms regulating granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor transcriptionDetta är en avhandling från BMC Biomedical Centre, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) is a multipotent cytokine involved in the production and function of hematopoietic cells, and GM-CSF plays in particular a major role in responses to infection and physiological and pathological inflammatory processes. GM-CSF is produced in many cell types, and increases in the intracellular Ca2+ concentration are, like in many other systems, of major importance in the intracellular signaling that determines GM-CSF expression after receptor stimulation of the cells. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Molecular Medicine
Sammanfattning : The work of this thesis aims to answer the following questions: (1) Which role do CD4+ cells play in atherosclerosis? (2) Is the expression of CD4 essential for the athero-protective effect mediated by immunization with oxidized LDL by adjuvant? (3) How does the antigenspecific T cell response to oxidized LDL influence lesion development? (4) Is there a general shift to Th2 responses in severe hypercholesterolemia? and finally (5) Which role does transforming growth factor-B (TGF-B)-signaling in T cells play in atherogenesis? ApoE-/-CD4-/- mice were used to study the effect of CD4 deficiency in atherosclerosis. The development of atherosclerosis was decreased with attenuated inflammation in apoE-/- mice lacking CD4+ cells compared to immunocompetent apoE-/-. LÄS MER
4. Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor. : Expression patterns, neuronal transport, regulation, effects, and receptor dependenceDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, false
Sammanfattning : Background: The mammalian nervous system depends upon trophic proteins for survival, growth and adult maintenance. These trophic factors have also been considered as potential therapeutic agents for treating human neurodegenerative disorders. LÄS MER
5. Neurotrophic factors and their receptors structure-function relationships and signalling mechanismsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, false
Sammanfattning : Background The development, survival and maintenance of the vertebrate nervous system requires the continous supply of a set of polypeptides termed neurotrophic factors. Among these, the neurotrophins (NTs) and members of the transforming growth factor-B (TGF-B) superfamily have raised substantial hopes for future clinical applications. LÄS MER