Sökning: "Traditional dietary pattern"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 avhandlingar innehållade orden Traditional dietary pattern.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : We eat foods not nutrients. What is more, we eat them in combinations. Consequently, capturing our complex food habits is likely an advantage in nutrition research. The overall aim of this doctoral thesis was therefore to investigate dietary patterns in the Swedish population –nutrient intakes, nutritional biomarkers and health aspects. LÄS MER
2. Diet and Cardiometabolic Disease Dietary trends and the impact of diet on diabetes and cardiovascular diseaseDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Folkhälsa och klinisk medicin
Sammanfattning : Cardiovascular diseases are the leading cause of death in most industrialised countries and in developing countries the trend in cardiovascular-related deaths is increasing. World-wide, type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) is an emerging cause of disability and premature death. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Folkhälsa och klinisk medicin
Sammanfattning : Abstract Childhood obesity prevention in the context of socio-economic status and migration Maria Magnusson, Department of Public Health and Community, Institute of Medicine at Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg. Background and aim The childhood obesity epidemic seems to be levelling out but groups with low socio-economic status (SES) remain disadvantaged in this context. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University, Department of Geography
Sammanfattning : This research contributes to countering a large city research bias by focusing on the food, farming and health experiences of two secondary cities of Uganda: Mbale and Mbarara. It is not an apocalyptic story. Like anywhere in the world, for some residents things were going well; for others, less well. LÄS MER
5. Socioeconomic and sex differences in adolescents’ dietary intake, anthropometry and physical activity in Cameroon, AfricaDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå university
Sammanfattning : Background: People in Cameroon are experiencing a dietary transition characterized by changing from traditional food habits to increased intake of highly processed sweet and fatty food. The rapid change in food pattern combined with an increased sedentary lifestyle has resulted in a rather high prevalence of obesity, hypertension, cardiovascular diseases and type 2 diabetes. LÄS MER