Sökning: "Toll-like receptor 4"
Visar resultat 26 - 30 av 47 avhandlingar innehållade orden Toll-like receptor 4.
- Detta är en avhandling från Irini Lazou Ahrén, Dept. Medical Microbiology, University Hospital MAS, 205 02 Malmö
Sammanfattning : Non-typeable Haemophilus influenzae (NTHi) is a human pathogen causing diseases in the upper and lower respiratory tract. Otitis media-prone children and adults with cystic fibrosis or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, are repeatedly infected by NTHi Research in recent years brought to light the entry and survival of NTHi in epithelial cells and macrophages. LÄS MER
27. Cellular mechanisms of interaction between uropathogenic Escherichia coli and renal epithelial cellsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Women's and Children's Health
Sammanfattning : Urinary tract infections will often, particularly in children, lead to renal scar formation or hypoplastic small kidneys post-infectiously. The most common causative agent is uropathogenic Escherichia coli (E. coli). LÄS MER
28. Deciphering the interplay between peripheral and central cytokine- and kynurenine pathways : importance for the pathophysiology of schizophreniaDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Physiology and Pharmacology
Sammanfattning : Growing evidence suggests a role of low-grade inflammation in the pathophysiology of schizophrenia, giving rise to a dysregulation in neurons containing dopamine and glutamate as well as γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA). In this thesis, a role of peripheral and brain-immune signaling molecules, as well as brain neurotransmitters, was investigated in a wellcharacterized cohort of first-episode psychosis (FEP) patients. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University, Faculty of Medicine, Institution for Clinical Sciences Lund
Sammanfattning : Streptococcus pyogenes is an important human pathogen that causes significant morbidity and mortality worldwide. In order to successfully infect the human host, S. pyogenes is equipped with tools that modulate the human immune defence. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center (MTC)
Sammanfattning : Lipopolysaccharide (LPS) is a well-characterized pathogen-associated molecule found primarily as a constituent of the outer membrane of Gram-negative bacteria. LPS is known to act on different cell types in a pleiotropic manner. LÄS MER