Sökning: "Thai women"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 13 avhandlingar innehållade orden Thai women.
1. Hypertension in Vietnam : from community-based studies to a national targeted programme
Sammanfattning : Background: In the context of transitional Vietnam, hypertension has been shown to be one of the ten leading causes of morbidity and mortality in hospitals. However, population-based data on hypertension are to a large extent lacking. LÄS MER
2. Violence against foreign-born women in Sweden
Sammanfattning : Violence against women (VAW) is an increasing public health concern. Prevalence of such violence may potentially be greater among foreign-born women due to lack of empowerment and other contributing factors. Research concerning violence against foreign-born women in Sweden is scarce. LÄS MER
3. Gender and Social Practices in Migration : A case study of Thai women in rural Sweden
Sammanfattning : Set within discussions of gender, migration and social practices, this thesis explores the ways in which Thai women migrants to Sweden build connections between rural areas through their daily activities. Arriving in Sweden primarily through marriage ties, Thai women migrants are more likely to live in Swedish rural areas than in urban areas. LÄS MER
4. Health and welfare among Thai migrant women in Sweden : Lived experiences of transnational marriage migration. A dissertation in caring science
Sammanfattning : Background:This dissertation uses Betty Neuman’s nursing theory within the caring sciences to enable in-depth knowledge regarding Thai women’s health in the context of marriage migration. Globalisation has provided new opportunities for marriage migration, for example for Thai women to move to Western countries to improve their lives and wellbeing. LÄS MER
5. Thai Surrogate Mothers’ Experiences of Transnational Commercial Surrogacy : Navigating Local Morality and Global Markets
Sammanfattning : Transnational commercial surrogacy is an arrangement where a woman gestates and delivers a child for intended parents from another country in exchange for money. This thesis explores the experiences of women who have acted as surrogate mothers in Thailand. LÄS MER