Sökning: "Sustainable mitigation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 79 avhandlingar innehållade orden Sustainable mitigation.
1. Sustainable Arsenic Mitigation A Strategy for Scaling-up Safe Water Access : A Strategy for Scaling-up Safe Water Access
Sammanfattning : In rural Bangladesh, the drinking water supply is mostly dependent upon manually operated hand pumped tubewells, installed by the local community. The presence of natural arsenic (As) in groundwater and its wide scale occurrence has drastically reduced the safe water access across the country and put tens of millions of people under health risk. LÄS MER
2. Understanding the Clean Development Mechanism and its dual aims : the case of China's projects
Sammanfattning : Having been running for over 10 years, the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) is considered an innovative and successful mitigation initiative. CDM has the dual aims of helping industrialised countries achieve compliance with their emission limitation and reduction commitments in a cost-effective way, while simultaneously assisting developing countries in sustainable development. LÄS MER
3. Green growth and rapid decarbonisation? : Assessing policy objectives, instrument choice and behavioural mechanisms
Sammanfattning : After the 2008/2009 global financial crisis, significant policy and scientific attention has been given to ‘green growth’, which aims at the concurrent achievement of economic growth and GHG emissions reductions via de-coupling. Despite ambitious aims, there is a lack of empirical knowledge about the effects and the potential of green growth climate mitigation policies. LÄS MER
4. Blue Oceans with Blue Mussels - Management and planning of mussel farming in coastal ecosystems
Sammanfattning : Eutrophication is one of the largest and most serious global threats to the marine environment. The effect of eutrophication has become increasingly clear during recent time, and major economic and political efforts are being made to tackle its causes and consequences in Sweden and its surrounding seas. LÄS MER
5. Sustainable Kelp Aquaculture in Sweden
Sammanfattning : Seaweed aquaculture is gaining more interest worldwide, including Europe. However, despite its long coast seaweed farming is still very minor in Sweden. LÄS MER