Sökning: "Study of Religions"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 149 avhandlingar innehållade orden Study of Religions.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Religionshistoria
Sammanfattning : Already in the second century, the Church Father Irenaeus warned against reading the Gospel of Truth that was used among the so-called Valentinians. For more than one and a half millennium GospTruth was lost until in the 1950s a Coptic text was discovered that could be a translation of that work both loved and hated. LÄS MER
2. The Hermetic Piety of the Mind : A Semiotic and Cognitive Study of the Discourse of Hermes TrismegistosDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Almqvist & Wiksell International
Sammanfattning : The present work explores how the concept mind is used in the discourse of Hermes Trismegistos for the bringing forth of a Hermetic piety of mind, which culminates in mystical vision and in the divinization of the initiand. In focus are some constitutive elements of a religious discourse stemming from Hellenistic and Roman Egypt, and which has survived largely in the form of spiritually instructive dialogues, written in the name of Hermes Trismegistos or in the names of those associated with him. LÄS MER
3. Creating Holy People and Places on the Periphery. A Study of the Emergence of Cults of Native Saints in the Ecclesiastical Provinces of Lund and Uppsala from the Eleventh to the Thirteenth Centuries Att skapa heliga personer och platser i periferin: en studie om uppkomsten av inhemska helgonkulter i de lundensiska och uppsaliensiska kyrkoprovinserna, ca 1000–1300Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : Holy people have been venerated in various forms by all religions and ideologies throughout history. Christianity is no exception with the development of the cults of saints beginning shortly after its formation. By the time Christianity reached Scandinavia, saints’ cults had been fully integrated into the Roman administrative structure. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The present study addresses the problem of a simplistic historical interpretation of the sobriquetsin the pesharim. An alternative approach is advocated taking its beginning in perceiving themessage in the pesharim as primarily an ideological vindication of the Qumran community, theYahad. LÄS MER
5. "God Wants It!" : The Ideology of Martyrdom of the Hebrew Crusade Chronicles and Its Jewish and Christian BackgroundDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Religionshistoria
Sammanfattning : This dissertation deals with the ideology of martyrdom of the Hebrew Chronicles which were written in response to the persecutions of the Rhineland Jews during the First Crusade in 1096. The Chronicles describe how thousands of Jews died, some of whom were killed by the crusaders, others killed each other or committed suicide rather than being forcibly baptized or killed by the crusaders. LÄS MER