Sökning: "Sri Lanka"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 41 avhandlingar innehållade orden Sri Lanka.
1. Towards Collaborative Coastal Management in Sri Lanka? A study of Special Area Management planning in Sri Lanka's coastal regionDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Kulturgeografiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis is concerned with the efforts to bring about a greater degree of local community participation in the use and management of Sri Lanka's coastal land and natural resources. Through the application of the Special Area Management (SAM) strategy in geographically distinct areas along the coast, the aim is to create collaborative arrangements - partnerships - that will enable coastal communities and local governments to work together with the Sri Lankan state and share responsibility and authority over the management of coastal land and natural resources. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Afrikansk och jämförande arkeologi
Sammanfattning : This study focuses upon the development of urbanisation in southern Sri Lanka during the proto, early and late historical periods c. 900 BC onwards. The following research themes are addressed:(a). Why did the southern semi-arid zone become a focus of urbanism?(b). LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Computer and Systems Sciences, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : ICT4D, here defined as the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in developing regions, can be seen as one of the most powerful and cost efficient ways to improve the standard of living in the developing world. Many regions in Asia have shown a rapid but heterogeneous development where information technology had a drastic impact on development but often with the problems related to ICT4D 1. LÄS MER
4. Violence in the Midst of Peace Negotiations : Cases from Guatemala, Northern Ireland, South Africa and Sri LankaDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : Why do peace talks fall apart as a result of violence? The present study addresses the question of why and how violence sometimes changes the dynamics of peace negotiation processes. Incidents of violence may produce friction between and within parties. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : In recent decades we have seen an increase in peace processes aimed at solving armed conflicts through peaceful means. The often fragile characteristics of such processes and the settlements that they produce underline the essential importance of improving our understanding of the dynamics at play in transitions from war to peace. LÄS MER