Sökning: "Sports Drugs"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 avhandlingar innehållade orden Sports Drugs.
1. Analytical Methods For Sports Drugs: Challenges and Approaches
Sammanfattning : Drugs used to enhance human performance in sport competitions are prohibited by the world anti-doping association (WADA). Biological samples from athletes are continuously tested for adverse analytical findings regarding the identity and/or quantity of the banned substances. LÄS MER
2. Mental health and physical activity in adolescence
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to examine the association between physical activity and mental health among Norwegian adolescents.The thesis includes four studies among adolescents in grade 10, aged 15-16 years. Studies I, II and III are based on the Norwegian Youth Health Surveys and study IV is based on data retrieved from Ungdata. LÄS MER
3. Dagspress, sport och doping : medieskandaler i ett samtida Sverige
Sammanfattning : The study analyses how the Swedish press dealt with doping and transgressions of the doping rules within international professional sports between 1996 and 2004. The empirical material consists of articles on nineteen cases of doping from 1996 to 2004. LÄS MER
4. Strenght training and anabolic steroids : a comparative study of the trapezius, a shoulder muscle and the vastus lateralis, a thigh muscle, of strength trained athletes
Sammanfattning : Strength training is widely used to increase performance in sports with high physical demands. The use of drugs such as anabolic steroids among athletes is a wellknown phenomenon, and the effects of these drugs on physical performance documented. LÄS MER
5. Anabolic androgenic steroids and central monoaminergic systems : Supratherapeutic doses of nandrolone decanoate affect dopamine and serotonin
Sammanfattning : Supratherapeutic doses of anabolic androgenic steroids (AASs) are administered, not only as performance-enhancing drugs in the world of sports, but also in order to modify behaviour. AAS abusers are at risk of developing serious physical and psychological side effects such as dependence and aggressive behaviour. LÄS MER