Sökning: "Social Medicine"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1472 avhandlingar innehållade orden Social Medicine.
1. Insulin Resistance : Causes, biomarkers and consequences
Sammanfattning : The worldwide increasing number of persons affected by largely preventable diseases like diabetes demands better prevention and treatment. Insulin is required for effective utilisation of circulating nutrients. LÄS MER
2. Social inequity in health : Explanation from a life course and gender perspective
Sammanfattning : Background: A boy child born in a Gothenburg suburb has a life expectancy that is nine years shorter than that of another child just 23 km away, and among girls the difference is five years. There is no necessary biological reason to this observed difference. LÄS MER
3. Power of the Pill : Views about Cardiovascular Risk and the Risk-reducing Effect of Statins
Sammanfattning : Medical treatments with statins are prescribed to patients with increased risk of cardiovascular events. The benefits from statin treatment are well documented in clinical trials, but long-term adherence in patients is low, indicating that patients have an uncertainty about the necessity and benefits of treatment. LÄS MER
4. Social determinants in asthma : population-based studies on asthma and respiratory symptoms in relation to occupation, occupational exposure and socioeconomic status
Sammanfattning : Background: Asthma is one of the most common chronic obstructive airway diseases among children and adults, with a prevalence between 6-11% in European countries. It is also the most common work-related occupational respiratory disease. LÄS MER
5. Social Interaction Involving Non-speaking Children with Severe Cerebral Palsy and Intellectual Disability : The role of communication partners and speech-generating devices
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis was to investigate the use of speech-generating device (SGD)-mediated interaction with children with anarthria, severe physical impairments and intellectual disabilities due to cerebral palsy with a focus on partner strategies and social practices.Studies I and II were cross-sectional studies that used questionnaires, which were analyzed using descriptive statistics and directed content analysis. LÄS MER