Sökning: "Social Epidemiology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 667 avhandlingar innehållade orden Social Epidemiology.
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet, Institutionen för Folkhälsa och klinisk medicin
Sammanfattning : Background: A boy child born in a Gothenburg suburb has a life expectancy that is nine years shorter than that of another child just 23 km away, and among girls the difference is five years. There is no necessary biological reason to this observed difference. LÄS MER
2. The Epidemiology of Childhood Celiac Disease: A Social Epidemiological Perspective on Perinatal FactorsDetta är en avhandling från Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Celiac disease is a chronic gastrointestinal disease affecting approximately 1% of the population. It is precipitated in genetically predisposed individuals by ingestion of food containing gluten or similar proteins that are present in wheat, rye and barley. LÄS MER
3. Essays on Social Capital, Health and Socioeconomic Inequalities in Health A Health Economic StudyDetta är en avhandling från Muhammad Kamrul Islam
Sammanfattning : The thesis comprises four independent research papers and a summary that focus on two related dimensions. The first dimension focuses on the understanding of the production of health. Particularly, the question is asked whether community's stock of social capital influence individual's health. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Arkiv
Sammanfattning : What are the social positions of adults who were in long-term foster care as children, compared with the general population and with adults who grew up at home in families similar to foster children's birth families? How common is it to have been in foster care? Four approaches are used in this study: - A systematic review of around 50 studies on adult foster children. Conclusions are more pessimistic than in earlier reviews: on a group level, adult foster children's positions achievements seem roughly to be on par with former children from different "risk groups" who grew up at home. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Social phobia is a disabling anxiety disorder characterized by an excessive fear of negative evaluation in social situations. The present thesis explored the epidemiology and neurobiology of the disorder. By means of a mailed questionnaire, the point prevalence of social phobia in the Swedish general population was estimated at 15.6%. LÄS MER