Sökning: "Shigella dysenteriae"
Hittade 5 avhandlingar innehållade orden Shigella dysenteriae.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, false
Sammanfattning : Shigellae is endemic in many developing countries in the world and a major cause of childhooddiarrheal morbidity and mortality. Infections caused by Shigella dysenteriae type 1 areparticularly severe. LÄS MER
2. Prediction of 3D structures of oligosaccharides. Methodological development and studies on saccharide antigens of interest for vaccine designDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, false
Sammanfattning : This thesis presents 3D structure predictions of five immunologically active surfacepolysaccharides of pathogens, which are of interest as targets for development of glycoconjugatevaccines. Furthermore it describes two methods which have been used for theconformational predictionsThe Shigella dysenteriae type 2 Oantigenwas predicted to form a compact helicalstructure with three repeating pentasaccharide units per turn. LÄS MER
3. Synthesis of some oligosaccharide fragments of biological and chemical interest using thioglycosidesDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This thesis describes the synthesis of oligosaccharide derivatives corresponding to the repeating unit of the O-antigen from two different bacteria, Shigella dysenteriae type 1 and Salmonella thompson serogroup Ci, and fragments thereof. Synthesis of a decasaccharide of chemical interest for studying carbohydrate dynamics in elongated molecules is also described. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Laboratory Medicine
Sammanfattning : Vibrio cholerae is the causative agent of cholera, a waterborne diarrheal disease and it is believed to be strictly extracellular bacterium. Cholera remains as a global public health threat affecting most of the developing world. In endemic areas, women and children are among the high risk. Recently outbreaks are reported from many countries. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Organic Chemistry, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : A deeper understanding of the diversity of carbohydrates and the many applications of oligo- and polysaccharides found in nature are of high interest. Many of the processes involving carbohydrates affect our everyday life. This thesis is based on six papers all contributing to an extended perspective of carbohydrate property and functionality. LÄS MER