Sökning: "Second International Science Study"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 102 avhandlingar innehållade orden Second International Science Study.
1. International organizations as peacemakers The evolution and effectiveness of intergovernmental instruments to end civil warDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Political Science, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Across four self-contained essays, this dissertation seeks to identify which features make international organizations (IOs) effective peacemakers in modern civil wars. The first essay introduces an original dataset on the institutional design of 21 peace-brokering IOs between 1945 and 2010. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitetsbibliotek
Sammanfattning : This study investigates the historic development of the management of the international hazardous waste (HW) trade problem, between 1972 and 2000. The method used in the study is discourse analysis, and it is undertaken through the usage of two different perspectives. LÄS MER
3. A Cacophony of Voices A Neoclassical Realist study of United States Strategy toward Central Asia and Southern Caucasus 1991–2006Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Political Science, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : U.S. strategy toward Southern Caucasus and Central Asia has not been studied sufficiently. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to increase our understanding of the Global City’s pursuit of what can be regarded as independent foreign and security policies, despite the fact that such policies have traditionally been considered to be a core function of central governments. By studying how the Global City’s role in the globalized world is constructed in local public narratives as the local government develops and pursues specific international policies, the thesis argues, we can come closer to an understanding of what it means to be and to govern a Global City, and why its local government find it to be in the city’s interest to claim international political authority. LÄS MER
5. The Regime Environment of Environmental Regimes: Conceptualizing, Theorizing and and Examining Conflicts among International Regimes on Environmental IssuesDetta är en avhandling från University of Tübingen
Sammanfattning : The thesis scrutinizes an emerging phenomenon in international relations: the increase in functional overlaps among international regimes. I approach this young field of study in three consecutive parts. The first part conceptualizes regime overlaps as ‘regime conflicts’. LÄS MER