Sökning: "Sami history"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 39 avhandlingar innehållade orden Sami history.
1. Samerna, staten och rätten i Torne lappmark under 1600-talet : Makt, diskurs och representation
Sammanfattning : This dissertation is an analysis of the cultural meeting between the Church and the Crown on the one hand, and the Sami community on the other, in a lappmark in the north of Sweden during the seventeenth century.The authorities viewed and acted towards the Sami from the standpoint of their normative system, incorporating the political/ideological discourse that existed at this time. LÄS MER
2. Tools of teaching and means of managing : Educational and sociopolitical functions of languages of instruction in elementary schools with Sámi pupils in Sweden, Finland and Norway 1900–1940 in a cross-national perspective
Sammanfattning : This dissertation contributes to recent research on Sámi education from two different angles. First of all, the dissertation pioneers as a cross-national study of the education of a cross-national population previously mainly studied within different nation states. LÄS MER
3. Att representera och representeras : samiska kvinnor i svensk och samisk press 1966-2006
Sammanfattning : This doctoral thesis examines how Sami women were represented in Swedish and Sami press during the years 1966, 1986 and 2006. Moreover, it problematises how the image of "the Sami woman" was constructed and represented in the press, in relation to the (re)production of normality and deviance, with special attention to the concepts of ethnicity and gender. LÄS MER
4. Tiden börjar på nytt : en analys av samernas etnopolitiska mobilisering i Sverige 1900-1950
Sammanfattning : This study deals with the ethnopolitical mobilization among the Sami in Sweden during the first half of the 20th century. The investigation focus on why this mobilization took place, the demands the Sami made, and the strategies used to achieve these goals. LÄS MER
5. Det milsvida skogsfolket : Skogssamernas samhälle i omvandling 1650-1800
Sammanfattning : This dissertation shows that the forest Sami of Arvidsjaurbyn (the forest Sami community in Arvidsjaur) were actors on an economic, social and societal level. The parish of Arvidsjaur was founded by the Swedish state in the beginning of the 17th century. The dissertation is a source study. LÄS MER