Sökning: "Population aging"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 157 avhandlingar innehållade orden Population aging.
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Psykologi
Sammanfattning : Olfactory function is impaired in aging and dementia. The general aim of this thesis was to identify variables that predict olfactory function and dysfunction (assessed with an odor identification test) in middle-aged and elderly adults. LÄS MER
2. Brain characteristics of memory decline and stability in aging Contributions from longitudinal observationsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Psychology, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Aging is typically associated with declining mental abilities, most prominent for some forms of memory. There are, however, large inter-individual differences within the older population. Some people experience rapid decline whereas others seem almost spared from any adverse effects of aging. LÄS MER
3. Body mass index, cognitive ability, and dementia prospective associations and methodological issues in late lifeDetta är en avhandling från Jönköping : Intellecta infolog
Sammanfattning : The aims of the present study were to investigate the association between overweight and cognitive ability and dementia, and to evaluate the usefulness of self-reported body mass index (BMI) in late life and various data sources commonly used in epidemiological studies to identify persons with dementia. Data were drawn from three population-based studies: the Swedish Adoption/Twin Study of Aging (SATSA), Aging in Women and Men: A Longitudinal Study of Gender Differences in Health Behaviour and Health among Elderly (the Gender Study), and the Finnish Lieto Study. LÄS MER
4. Human olfaction Associations with longitudinal assessment of episodic memory, dementia, and mortality riskDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Psychology, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : A declining sense of smell is a common feature in older age. Above and beyond diminished smelling capacity due to normal processes of human aging, impairments in olfactory function have also been linked to numerous ill-health related outcomes, such as cognitive dysfunctions, dementia pathology and even an increased risk of death. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Psychology, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Olfactory function is affected by demographic, cognitive, and genetic factors. In the present thesis, three empirical studies investigated individual differences in olfactory ability. Study I explored demographic and cognitive correlates in common olfactory tasks; odor detection, odor discrimination, and odor identification. LÄS MER