Sökning: "Pool drying"
Hittade 5 avhandlingar innehållade orden Pool drying.
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Department of Ecology & Environmental Science, Umeå University
Sammanfattning : Phenotypic plasticity is the ability of a genotype to express different phenotypes in different environments. Despite its common occurrence, few have investigated differences in plasticity between populations, the selection pressures responsible for it, and costs and constraints associated with it. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University, Faculty of Science, Centre for Environmental and Climate Research (CEC)
Sammanfattning : Soil salinization is a pressing agricultural problem in many areas of the world, particularly in areas heavily reliant on irrigation agriculture. While the negative effects of salinity on crop plants have been widely studied, its effects on soil microorganisms have received less attention, and the impact of soil salinity on both microbial community structure and functioning is not well understood. LÄS MER
3. Physiology of Industrially Relevant Bacteria: Freeze-drying tolerance of Lactobacillus reuteri and Pseudomonas chlororaphis and product formation of Lactococcus lactis metabolizing maltoseDetta är en avhandling från Applied Microbiology (LTH)
Sammanfattning : When the metabolic activity of bacteria is exploited by the food and biotechnology industries, freeze-drying is commonly used to produce concentrated bacterial cultures with enhanced storage stability. The freeze-drying tolerance of the probiotic strain Lactobacillus reuteri and the biocontrol agent Pseudomonas chlororaphis has been characterized in this work. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Luleå : Luleå tekniska universitet
Sammanfattning : The open absorption system is a technique that makes it possible to recover energy in different processes using moist air. In most applications the latent heat in moist air is difficult to recover because of the low temperature. Processes using outdoor air to carry away moisture therefore have high energy demands. LÄS MER
5. Content and Distribution of Short-Chain Fatty Acids in the Hindgut of Rats Fed Various Sources of Indigestible CarbohydratesDetta är en avhandling från [email protected]
Sammanfattning : There is increasing evidence that short-chain fatty acids (SCFA) formed by colonic fermentation of indigestible carbohydrates have beneficial physiological effects. Butyric acid is the main energy substrate for the colonic mucosa and has been implicated as important in the prevention and treatment of diseases of the colonic mucosa, such as distal ulcerative colitis and cancer. LÄS MER