Sökning: "Plane strain"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 120 avhandlingar innehållade orden Plane strain.
1. Effects of deep excavations in soft clay on the immediate sourroundings-Analysis of the possibility to predict deformations and reactions against the retaining system
Sammanfattning : When excavating in an urban environment, the evaluation of the magnitude and distribution of ground movements is an important part of the design process, since excessive movements can damage adjacent buildings and utilities. In order to minimize movement of the surrounding soil, a retaining wall support system is used for deep excavations to provide lateral support. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Structural Mechanics, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The in-plane failure of paper is studied in this work by means of a cohesive crack model from experimental as well as theoretical perspectives. Localized damage at in-plane tension of short paper strips is studied for low strain rates. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Physics, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The mechanical, optical, and electrical properties of III-V semiconductor heterostructures are investigated in thisthesis. The semiconductor materials are grown by metal-organic vapor phase epitaxy, yielding wire shaped crystals(nanowires) having a length of ~ 1 μm and diameter of ~ 100 nm. LÄS MER
4. Growth and Characterization of Strain-engineered Si/SiGe Heterostructures Prepared by Molecular Beam EpitaxyDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : The strain introduced by lattice mismatch is a built-in characteristic in Si/SiGe heterostructures, which has significant influences on various material properties. Proper design and precise control of strain within Si/SiGe heterostructures, i.e. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Division of solid mechanics, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Granular media (i.e., assemblies of grains, containing voids), such as sand, are highly complex materials, possessing inherently heterogeneous structure and properties that are manifested by the mobility and interaction of their constituent particles. Despite having been widely studied for centuries (i. LÄS MER