Sökning: "Peter Nilsson"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 122 avhandlingar innehållade orden Peter Nilsson.
1. On methods for estimating oceanic flow
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to estimate and possibly quantify ocean flow by utilizing conventional and novel observational methods as well as model results. Motionally induced voltages, from a cable-based observational system in the Baltic Sea, were analysed to determine their utility for ocean monitoring. LÄS MER
2. Lactase Persistence and Lactase Non-Persistence : Prevalence, influence on body fat, body height, and relation to the metabolic syndrome
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
3. Multimodal Porphyrin-Based Conjugates : Synthesis and characterization for applications as amyloid ligands, photodynamic therapy agents and chiroptical materials
Sammanfattning : Organic compounds that interact both with certain biological targets and display specific photophysical properties can be utilized as molecular tools to visualize and possibly effect disease related processes taking place in living organisms. In this regard, porphyrins are a class of naturally occurring molecules that possess intriguingly interesting photophysical properties where they can act as luminescent probes by emitting detectable light, as well as photosensitizers in the light mediated therapy called photodynamic therapy. LÄS MER
4. Autoantibody profiling in autoimmune diseases
Sammanfattning : Autoimmune disease diagnosis and definition of prognosis can be challenging. Patients with the same autoimmune disease could present with very heterogeneous symptoms. Therefore, there is a need to understand the disease better to improve patients’ diagnosis, and classification, and tailor the treatment. LÄS MER
5. Synthesis and application of β-configured [18/19F]FDGs : Novel prosthetic CuAAC click chemistry fluoroglycosylation tools for amyloid PET imaging and cancer theranostics
Sammanfattning : Positron emission tomography (PET) is a non-invasive imaging method that renders three-dimensional images of tissue that selectively has taken up a radiolabelled organic compound, referred to as a radiotracer. This excellent technique provides clinicians with a tool to monitor disease progression and to evaluate how the patient respond to treatment. LÄS MER