Sökning: "Pavel Korzhavyi"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 12 avhandlingar innehållade orden Pavel Korzhavyi.
1. From the Electronic Structure of Point Defects to Functional Properties of Metals and Ceramics
Sammanfattning : Point defects are an inherent part of crystalline materials and they influence important physical and chemical properties, such as diffusion, hardness, catalytic activity and phase stability. Increased understanding of point defects enables us to tailor the defect-related properties to the application at hand. LÄS MER
2. Modeling defect structure evolution in spent nuclear fuel container materials
Sammanfattning : Materials intended for disposal of spent nuclear fuel require a particular combination of physical and chemical properties. The driving forces and mechanisms underlying the material’s behavior must be scientifically understood in order to enable modeling at the relevant time- and length-scales. LÄS MER
3. Finite temperature properties of elements and alloy phases from first principles
Sammanfattning : First principles calculations are usually concerned with properties calculated at temperature 0 K. However, the industrially important materials are functioning at finite temperatures. LÄS MER
4. Structural and magnetic disorder in crystalline materials : a first principles study
Sammanfattning : Disorder in crystalline materials can take different forms and originate from different sources. In particular, temperature introduces disorder in any kind of material. LÄS MER
5. High temperature performance of materials for future power plants
Sammanfattning : Increasing energy demand leads to two crucial problems for the whole society. One is the economic cost and the other is the pollution of the environment, especially CO2 emissions. Despite efforts to adopt renewable energy sources, fossil fuels will continue to dominate. LÄS MER