Sökning: "Paper clay"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 33 avhandlingar innehållade orden Paper clay.
1. Paper-composite porcelain : characterisation of material properties and workability from a ceramic art and design perspectiveDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : Paper-composite porcelain is a type of paper clay which is made by combining any kind of porcelain with paper. Paper is added to clay to improve low green strength and plasticity - two of the main practical problems of working with porcelain. LÄS MER
2. Embankments founded on sulphide clay - some aspects related to ground improvement by vertical drainsDetta är en avhandling från Stockhollm : KTH
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, some aspects concerning building embankments founded on sulphide clay are studied, with special reference to ground improvement by preloading in combination with prefabricated vertical drains (PVD’s). The main purpose of the research was to increase empirical knowledge of the mechanical behaviour of sulphide clays subjected to embankment loadings and of the interaction between vertical drains and sulphide clays. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockhollm : KTH
Sammanfattning : Improved infrastructure in urban areas often necessitates underground construction, where the unloading behaviour of the soil is of importance for predicting the amount of heave and how long it will take for the soil to swell. It is of particular interest to study the need for the installation of tension piles, as well as whether the tunnel will be subjected to settlement or heave in the long term. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : According to an analysis conducted by the Swedish Chemicals Inspectorate in 2006, the approximate numbers of fire injuries per year in Sweden are 100 deaths, 700 major and 700 minor injuries.1 Observations also show that there has been an increase in the number of house fires during recent years. LÄS MER
5. Phosphorylated Cellulose Nanofibrils : A Nano-Tool for Preparing Cellulose-Based Flame-Retardant MaterialsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : The growing awareness of the need for a circular society and a circular chemistry has spurred the interest in using wood-based cellulose as a raw material for the preparation of new macroscopic devices and construction materials. The interest has been particularly focused on cellulose nanofibrils (CNF), which has led to the development of new material concepts through a nanoscale bottom-up engineering using renewable CNF. LÄS MER