Sökning: "Paleozoic rocks"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 avhandlingar innehållade orden Paleozoic rocks.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This thesis utilizes several geophysical methods to study the Siljan Ring impact structure, focusing on the western part of the structure. This thesis, and the three papers upon which it is based, reports on attempts to delineate the Paleozoic rocks at depth within the annular ring graben and characterize their structure. LÄS MER
2. Early land plant spores from the Paleozoic of Sweden – taxonomy, stratigraphy and paleoenvironmentsDetta är en avhandling från Department of Geology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The Silurian through earliest Devonian, between ca 444 and 412 million years ago, was characterized by significant changes in global climate and environment. At that time, plants and animals had begun to expand the colonization of previous relatively desolate terrestrial landscape. LÄS MER
3. Tectonic Evolution of Taimyr in the Late Paleozoic to Mesozoic from Provenance and Thermochronological EvidenceDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Geological Sciences
Sammanfattning : The Taimyr Peninsula is a key element in the circum-Arctic region and represents thenorthern margin of the Siberian Craton. The Taimyr Peninsula is a late Paleozoic fold andthrust belt and preserves late Paleozoic through Mesozoic siliciclastic sedimentarysuccessions and providing an ideal location to investigate the Paleozoic to Mesozoictectonic evolution associated with the Uralian orogeny, the Siberian Trap magmatism andopening of Amerasia Basin within a circum-Arctic framework. LÄS MER
4. Crustal evolution of the Arabian–Nubian Shield Insights from zircon geochronology and Nd–Hf–O isotopesDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Geological Sciences, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The Arabian–Nubian Shield (ANS) represents a major site of juvenile Neoproterozoic crustal addition on Earth and documents Neoproterozoic tectonics bracketed by two supercontinent cycles, namely the fragmentation of Rodinia and the amalgamation of Gondwana. There is general consensus that the ANS formed by juvenile magmatic arc accretion and subsequent shield–wide post–tectonic magmatism. LÄS MER
5. An integrated study of geological, magnetic and electromagnetic data for mineral exploration in the Jameson Land Basin, central East GreenlandDetta är en avhandling från Luleå : Luleå University of Technology
Sammanfattning : The Jameson Land Basin, located in central East Greenland, initiated in Devonian time with the collapse of the over-thickened Caledonian Orogen. The basin developed during different phases of rifting from the late Paleozoic to the Mesozoic and has accumulated between 16-18 km of sediments. LÄS MER