Sökning: "Nursing Homes"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 136 avhandlingar innehållade orden Nursing Homes.
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborgs universitet
Sammanfattning : The care of residents in nursing homes (special housing) is a major challenge for the nursing profession, especially as the population of older people has increased in recent decades. One important aim of this care is to promote the wellbeing and security of the residents. LÄS MER
2. Exploring resident thriving in Swedish nursing homes : the Umeå Ageing and Health Research Programme (U-Age) Thesis IDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : BackgroundThe population living in nursing homes is generally characterized by high age and female sex, as well as by physical and cognitive impairments. Also, negative symptoms such as pain and neuropsychiatric symptoms are reportedly common. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Karolinska Institutet
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis was to describe and analyse how the involvement of relatives is conditioned in nursing homes from different critical perspectives. Gender perspectives, discourse analysis and intersectional theory are applied, based on social constructionist ontology. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Background: Swedish nursing home managers, who constitute the empirical focus of this thesis, hold overall operational responsibility for the nursing homes, which includes the care of residents, direct care staff and work environment. Aged care organisations are also expected to provide person-centred care. LÄS MER
5. Nursing care for patients on the edge of life Nurses’ experiences of nursing care in intensive and nursing home related to questions of withholding or withdrawing curative treatmentDetta är en avhandling från Fakulteten för samhälls- och livsvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Aim: The overall aim of this thesis was to deepen the understanding of nursing care for seriously ill patients on the edge of life in intensive care unit (ICU) and nursing home when questions were raised whether to withhold or withdraw curative treatment. Method: All studies were conducted in a qualitative frame of reference with interviews of nurses in two contexts in Norway; group interviews of 14 nurses in an ICU (study I, III), and individual interviews of 14 nurses in two nursing homes (study II, IV). LÄS MER