Sökning: "Nuclear DNA"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 438 avhandlingar innehållade orden Nuclear DNA.
1. Ribonucleotides in DNA - Application in genome-wide DNA polymerase tracking and physiological role in eukaryotes
Sammanfattning : The genetic code in the eukaryotic cell is stored in the form of DNA, which is more resistant to hydrolysis than RNA. Replication fidelity and DNA repair mechanisms are in place to ensure genomic integrity to preserve the information encoded. LÄS MER
2. The consequences of DNA lesions for mitochondrial DNA maintenance
Sammanfattning : Eukaryotic cells have their own energy-producing organelles called mitochondria. The energy is stored in the adenosine triphosphate (ATP) molecule and is produced via the oxidative phosphorylation process inside the mitochondria. Thirteen of the essential proteins required for this process are encoded on the mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA). LÄS MER
3. Mitochondrial DNA in Sensitive Forensic Analysis
Sammanfattning : Genetic profiling is commonly performed on the autosomes using multiple DNA markers. Although routine forensic DNA analysis is robust and based on reliable technologies, samples with degraded or limited amounts of DNA often fail. In these cases, the analysis of mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) can be very valuable due to the high copy number per cell. LÄS MER
4. Sensitive Forensic DNA Analysis : Application of Pyrosequencing and Real-time PCR Quantification
Sammanfattning : The field of forensic genetics is growing fast and the development and optimisation of more sensitive, faster and more discriminating forensic DNA analysis methods is highly important. In this thesis, an evaluation of the use of novel DNA technologies and the development of specific applications for use in forensic casework investigations are presented. LÄS MER
5. Nuclear DNA in lung tumours : a clinical and cytofluorometric study with special reference to diagnosis and prognosis
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER